Learning about change

in Christian organisations

Christian Association to unify mainline Denominations

Hi. I don't use social media, so I am fairly new to discussions via this method, so I pray to be well guided. I have studied learning organizations and varying Christian theologies and the Bible pretty extensively. I am Christian and believe I can call myself Christian without allegiance to any one denomination, and I am committed to the Church.

It is my belief that new wine cannot be poured into old wine skins by way of finding unity from inside a particular denomination. Each institution will naturally move to protect itself. It's my belief that history teaches us this. It is my belief that it is too hard to find truth and relationship to God when there are so many varying formulas warring against each other among denominations. But what if there were an Interdenominational Christian Association that acted as a learning organization within each community to support already existing denominations to help to do what this organization appears to be doing...love and understand each other via the receiving of Guidance of Holy Spirit and kind of deliberation that would be Christlike and without formula?

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Penda,

excellent thought!

I am a member of Kenya Christian Professionals Forum and I would say we do just this. We identified key issues that Kenyan churches regardless of denomination rally around and we have made them our Forum pillars for engagement. These are four issues churches were united on during a referendum debate for the promulgation of Kenya's new constituiton 2010. The Forum has been growing steadily since its formation in 2011.

RSS

Events

Forum

Inadvertant feminist?

Started by Lorentz Forsberg in Open Forum. Last reply by Stanley Arumugam Mar 13. 5 Replies

Violence Against Women (VAW) in Africa

Started by Sean Callaghan in Open Forum. Last reply by RODONNE SIRIBI Clotaire Apr 25, 2016. 6 Replies

What does "ownership" really mean?

Started by Rick James in Open Forum. Last reply by RODONNE SIRIBI Clotaire Apr 25, 2016. 7 Replies

Boy Child

Started by TAABCO RESEARCH & D CONSULTANTS in Open Forum. Last reply by RODONNE SIRIBI Clotaire Apr 25, 2016. 2 Replies

Comments on "Counselling and prayer post-conflict"

Started by Space for Grace in Topic of the month. Last reply by RODONNE SIRIBI Clotaire Apr 25, 2016. 1 Reply

Christian Association to unify mainline Denominations

Started by B.K. Penda in Open Forum. Last reply by Alice Wainaina Apr 1, 2016. 1 Reply

Youth Generation Community FLOWER in Tangerang

Started by Blanche Pearl in Open Forum. Last reply by Blanche Pearl Aug 25, 2015. 4 Replies

© 2017   Created by Space for Grace.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service