Learning about change

in Christian organisations

Formation of a sub-cluster in Arusha area of the "OD & Christian Organisations Learning Group"?

Hi,

Since the African Encounter workshop in Nairobi 2010 I have longed for a forum to meet in to discuss the pressing issues of OD in Christian organisations.

I remember suggesting the creation of clusters in the various countries we came from in the Nairobi workshop.

Now I guess I have to do something about it and I would like to hear if there are other members of this Learning Group that wants to commit to quarterly meetings in Arusha, Tanzania, to discuss related to OD & Christian Organisations?

Alternatively we could also meet in Nairobi, Kenya.

IAS has an office in Sakina, Arusha, and would like to host to get the ball rolling.

Feel welcome to contact me if you would also like to meet in "real life" and not only in this virtual fellowship.

Bls

Anders

Views: 96

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dear,

I'm Central African Republic.Could i?

I am in Uganda... I would be delighted to attend.

Hi Angelina, I still hope the people standing behind Space for Grace will help us users to set up sub-clusters for us to meet with our peers closer to our work stations. Recently Space for Grace asked for feed-back in a survey and I again listed my suggestion for such sub-clusters. You can try and see if you can still give your feed back for changes - link to survey is here - https://goo.gl/forms/Xq14BHpJ5chDFrTw2

Hello Anders,

I just saw this and it really makes me happy. The creation of clusters is something that I really hope for. Unfortunately, I'm not based in Tanzania nor Kenya but I would like to see this happen. Please let me know how Space for Grace can support in this.

Kind regards,

Elaine

Hi Elaine,

One way could be find a point person for each country and then announce (over a couple of months) in the newsletter (which I think will reach most people) that if people are interested they can contact the point person for their country and agree on how to meet for physical meetings. Surely you, Rick, Lorentz and who else are there can list some competent people and ask them.

The point persons should be a resource person that you (Space for Grace guys) mentor and develop as a TOT. The point person will then in turn mentor and/or moderate the country consultations - but supported with frequent physical meetings in contrary to the bigger Space for Grace network (all the members in this forum).

You may also help set up forums/ groups on an online platform to help the groups exchange ideas/ experience between physical meetings - maybe using Face Book will increase the interactions (compared with this website). If you initiate the groups you remain with the administrative authority to set the rules for the groups, approve who can be members and also use the groups to communicate news/ meetings/ share resources etc.

These are shortly my ideas from the top of my head :) .

These are great ideas and very timely as we are in the process of planning for next year. The creation of a Facebook group has also been planned and we are thinking through sub-cluster formation. I really appreciate your feedback and we will take this into account. Stay tuned! :)

RSS

Events

Forum

Inadvertant feminist?

Started by Lorentz Forsberg in Open Forum. Last reply by Stanley Arumugam Mar 13. 5 Replies

Violence Against Women (VAW) in Africa

Started by Sean Callaghan in Open Forum. Last reply by RODONNE SIRIBI Clotaire Apr 25, 2016. 6 Replies

What does "ownership" really mean?

Started by Rick James in Open Forum. Last reply by RODONNE SIRIBI Clotaire Apr 25, 2016. 7 Replies

Boy Child

Started by TAABCO RESEARCH & D CONSULTANTS in Open Forum. Last reply by RODONNE SIRIBI Clotaire Apr 25, 2016. 2 Replies

Comments on "Counselling and prayer post-conflict"

Started by Space for Grace in Topic of the month. Last reply by RODONNE SIRIBI Clotaire Apr 25, 2016. 1 Reply

Christian Association to unify mainline Denominations

Started by B.K. Penda in Open Forum. Last reply by Alice Wainaina Apr 1, 2016. 1 Reply

Youth Generation Community FLOWER in Tangerang

Started by Blanche Pearl in Open Forum. Last reply by Blanche Pearl Aug 25, 2015. 4 Replies

© 2017   Created by Space for Grace.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service